Met PP for dinner the other day and while we were chatting, she mentioned the blog our teacher Appy kept for her kids. PP finds the blog very touching but when I asked her what was so touching about it, she couldn’t point out why. She said she nearly cried while reading the blog and asked me to go see for myself.
I finally asked Appy for the blog addie and boy…… I was flabbergasted.
As I’m an auditor, I can best describe the blog in the manner of potential errors :)
Presentation
The blog had a white background…. a good choice since white represents innocence…. And kids, especially her P1 kids are no doubt innocent :) Cute little smiley faces and cartoon pencils decorated her blog, with large, clear and easy-to-read font. Excellent !!
Cutoff
The blog records all newcomers and bid goodbye to all those that leave. No cutoff error noted.
Validity
The blog ensures validity of events, extra lessons or additional fund to be collected. Appy post up messages of events, other additional lessons in school, and if any additional funds is to be collected, the use of these funds. So parents can ensure that all the “I-need-to-stay-back-in-school” and “teacher-ask-me-to-bring-$2” are not lies…
Recording
The blog record events held by the school. Appy took great pains to take photos and upload them for viewing. One very good point mentioned by Appy, is that parents may be too busy working to be able to attend each and every school event and the blog is a good channel for parents to keep track and catch a glimpse of the happenings in school :)
Completeness
There is a spelling list uploaded so that parents can be sure of the completenss of it. If not the children anyhow anyhow copy miss out 1 or 2 words also dunno… I’m the best example…. Go home always kena scolded,” How can spelling only have 9 words????”
Valuation
From all the above that Appy have done, I can tell that Appy value her kids lotz…
After reading her blog.. I shed a few tears… no.. a few streams of tears.. Don’t ask me why…. Like PP, I reallie dunno…. This feeling cannot be described by words alone.
But what I’m sure of is, P1 Courage is a very fortunate class :)
Thanks for sharing the blog Appy..
p1courage.blogspot.com
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh gosh!!!
I'm so touched by wad you write about my class blog!
I can understand how parents might appreciate the blog.. coz it's useful to them.. but havin a fren to reali go thru my blog.. and able to list down all the good points about it.. oh manz.. i am oso flabbergasted..
it realli means alot to me.. havin ppl to appreciate my efforts, and more so, my dear frens..
thanx fangz.. u r a darling.
*havin a glowin warm feelin in my heart*
Post a Comment