Who can believe that i broke my tooth eating Chawanmushi????
Anyway.. i reallie did... and when the chip came off, i chewed hard on it with the chipped tooth and caused further cracks on the already chipped tooth... (v confusing hor?)
After registration, I sat at the waiting area waiting for my turn… I could hear a light hum of the dental equipment… drifting drifting drifting drifting off.....
(around 15 yrs ago…)
With a heavy heart and stomach churning, mummy have to practically drag me into SGH dental centre… every visit was a torture… the waiting was terrible. On average, we gotta wait for more than 2 hrs. During that 2 hrs, panic and fear gripped me which often caused stomach cramps. I vividly recall while lying on the dentist chair that I will hold my mummy’s hands v v tightly for comfort…. While the dentist was fixing my teeth, streams of tears will flow into my ears while I grimace in pain. With sore gums, I often look forward to leaving SGH, knowing I will not have to go through this traumatic visit for at least another 6 months.
Well… I was led to the dentist chair by a smiling assistant… the first thing I told the pretty dentist was that I have a very low threshold for pain… kekeke.. she said that was a piece of v useful info and gave me a brown bear to hug…
She sprayed something to numb the area around the chipped tooth… then she injected me with anesthetic… wooohoo… no pain at all… AT ALL… then I started to feel the effect and she lightly tapped on my cheeks… the area around my left cheek was totally numb.. from my lips… to my left earlobe…
She started to “trim” and re-fill my tooth… a lot of splattering water, a lot of noise.. and she took moulds of my original set of teeth, the “trimmed” tooth and moulds of my bite…
Hheheee… within an hour, it was done… she chose 2 colours for my new “crown” which will be fitted next week…
Whahhaa.. no pain at all… my cheeks were numb for a few hrs.. and when I met ah-tan for tea after my dental visit, I couldn’t even feel the straw that I’m sucking on….
Well… I’m not so afraid of visiting the dentist anymore… all thanks to a gentle and pretty dentist, and a smiling dental assistant……
Well... no more LV wallet.. no more coach bag... i've spent half of my bonus on treats, insurance policy and my princess tooth..... (tooth with a crown)
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment