Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Accident on Aug 6, 2007

Haiz…. Very suay-ly, i was involved in an accident..
Thank god I wasn’t seriously injured…


Here’s an account of wad happened:

On 6/8/07 afternoon around 3pm, I left office to client’s place for a meeting.
Board a Yellow-top cab from DBS Building and set off.

I was dozing off… when I heard sounds of *flip flip flip*… I opened my eyes and saw that the taxi driver was counting his earnings.. stacks of notes… when the vehicle was still in motion. Not thinking much, I doze off again…

SUDDENLY, I felt a BIG BANG and I was thrown forward in a force unimaginable… I raised my hands to protect my head while I screamed.. in my mind, I was thinking… I’m dead.. I’m gonna die this time… I was waiting for showers of glass to rain down on me… but luckily the windows did not shatter… instead, the 2 rear radio speakers and a tissue box hit my head and landed on my feet…

After the cab came to a stop, the first thing I did was to look behind to ensure that no vehicles are coming straight at me… when I turned around, I was glad to see that there was a queue forming behind the badly damaged vehicle I was in… I heaved a sigh of relief.. then, I felt a sharp pain on my chin and tummy… I think my chin must have hit my chest when I lunge forward.. and my tummy must have been injured when the seatbelt held me in my seat…

The next thing I did was to sms my bf ,and carol who is in office, to inform them that I met with an accident…. Then, I smsed CHK and TCL, who is also attending the meeting with me at 4pm.

After i’ve informed whoever necessary, I unbuckled my seat belt…and looked around at the damage… that was when I realize that my neck was in pain too… after looking around in the cab, and the damage to the car (Blue Nissan) that the cab hit, it suddenly occurred to me that I could have died… The cab must have hit the car in full speed…cos I did not hear the driver jam on his brakes…. Thereafter, tears just flowed… I was still in the cab, in blazing heat… and in pain…

The driver of the Blue Nissan called his friend to pick him up and took pictures of the accident scene.. His friend is actually dealing in accident claims and car repairs…. The friend volunteer to send me to the hospital and settle the claims against the taxi company, which is our client C*mf*rt D*lGr*…
Hey… any independence issue here? Can I don’t do C*tyC*b then??? Whahhaha

Anyway, reached Mount Alvernia at ard 345pm for a check up.. and got a specialist to check my tummy and go for a urine test.. they’re afraid that the impact might have ruptured my bladder as I complained of tummyache… when the specialist came to inspect my tummy. When he pressed on my tummy, he suddenly stopped and asked if I am pregnant, cos he felt a lump. I told him I’m not pregnant.. it must be my full bladder cos I haven’t gone to the washroom since the accident… he asked me like so many times, and made me sign a declaration form that I’m not pregnant… kekkee… thereafter they x-rayed my neck.

Luckily, I was cleared of any ruptures or fractures… I’ve got a muscle strain on my neck due to the suddenly impact, and abrasion injuries on my neck and tummy… haha…the only obvious injuries, is a small scratch on my neck, and a bruise on my knee… Phews… luckily my face is not scared..

Reached home at almost 8pm.. I was exhausted… took out my handphone and saw that I have like 30 missed calls on each hp… so sorry Baobei.. didn’t know I would cause so much worry.. I didn’t want to bend my head nor reach to see my hp cos I was aching… and I put my phone on silent mode cos I was suppose to attend a meeting.

But some ppl hor.. really v cek ark… I’m like injured, and there they are laughing at the state I’m in…


Mum and sis was asking if the accident is very serious.
I replied “当然啦!整个头都扁去了。。。”
Mum “有吗?我看你的头还好好leh?”
Me: “车的头la 。。。 我的头扁就死 liao…


When he came to visit me, I was on my bed.. he asked very seriously,
你有事吗?哪里疼?
Before I could reply, he burst out laughing.
Me: “?????”



Thanks to everyone who shows so much concern for me… Carol, FRH, TCL, and even RN who is in HK. FRH even went to the extent of calling C*mf*rt D*lGr*, SGH to try to find me…and of cos my Baobei who made numerous calls to me, my colleagues and my family… I love you ppl LOTZ !!!

Here are some pictures:

The Front and Rear of the cab i was in

My Bruise on my knee when the speakers fell on me


The abrasion on my neck caused by the seat belt

No comments: